Amazon SageMaker is a fully managed service that provides developers and data scientists with the ability to build, train, and deploy machine learning models quickly and efficiently. To ensure the security and privacy of the data used in SageMaker, it is important to ensure that the SageMaker Notebook instance is located within a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and is not directly exposed to the internet.
To ensure that Amazon SageMaker Notebook Instance is in VPC, follow these remediation steps:
- Open the Amazon SageMaker console and navigate to Notebook instances.
- Select the SageMaker notebook instance for which you want to enable VPC.
- Under the "Networking" section, select the VPC that you want to attach to the notebook instance.
- Choose a subnet in the selected VPC.
- You can also add security groups to the notebook instance.
- Click on the "Update" button to apply the changes.
- Once the changes are applied, you can verify that the notebook instance is running in the VPC by checking the "Network interfaces" section on the SageMaker console.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your Amazon SageMaker Notebook Instance is running in a VPC, which can provide better security and control over the network traffic.
Note: Remediation steps provided by Lightlytics are meant to be suggestions and guidelines only. It is crucial to thoroughly verify and test any remediation steps before applying them to production environments. Each organization's infrastructure and security needs may differ, and blindly applying suggested remediation steps without proper testing could potentially cause unforeseen issues or vulnerabilities. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you validate and customize any remediation steps to meet your organization's specific requirements and ensure that they align with your security policies and best practices.